Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flare - Day 6

Well good morning, MS! That's what I said today, out loud, drawing the stares of, "what the?" from my collection of 3 cats and 1 basset hound...all carefully positioned strategically around my body as I awoke this morning. While people may not know when I'm experiencing a flare, my animals always do. And they stick closer than glue. Trust me. Closer. They're more like suppositories than pets when I'm anything less than fully well.

Physical inventory began this morning as it always does. I heard the alarm? Check. I saw the clock? Check. Wait a minute. When I looked to the clock, which is on my left...did I just get dizzy? Redo. Yeah, dizzy. Insert swear word. Animals all lifted their heads in synchronized waking fashion. Followed by, "well good morning, MS!"

There's an article called "When MS Attacks". The title is a little funny to me, but my sense of humor always was just a tad bit off. It has great advice, however. Says I'm supposed to "baby" myself. Sleep more. Stay hydrated. Let me tell you, staying hydrated = even more trips to the bathroom. The most sleep I can get at once is about 3 hours or so. Don't get me wrong...praise God that I wake when I have to go, because what a romance killer THAT would be! "Honey, you're so beautiful...as you lay there in your own urine". Why thank you, hon! You're pretty cute, yourself:-) Honestly, he'd probably say it. That's the kind of man I'm blessed with. He didn't sign up for any of this, but he still comes home from work every night and collapses into bed over there, to the left side of me. My whole world spins as I gaze at him, consumed with love. Wait, it's not my love for him that makes my world spin. It's this flare...

The next paragraph of the article says I shouldn't get discouraged that my disease-modifying drugs aren't working. Well that's good, 'cause I haven't been able to take those in about 7 years. This past week has reminded me that I'm fully and completely dependent on God. He never promises that things will be rosey and swell...Brady Bunch fans, are you with me? In fact, it says the opposite in my Bible. But He does promise to carry me through the storm, and that's all I can ask for.

Romans 5:3 ...but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. This hope does not disappoint...

No comments:

Followers