Monday, September 5, 2011

MS...Is That You?

Am I the only one who struggles with what to blame on ms and what not to?  Am I the only one who takes a moment to wonder if I'm mistakenly not seeking care for a medical condition that may or may not be present because, "oh that?  That's probably just ms."  Let's face it, ms is an easy target because it's so diverse, so variable, and so...bizarre.

Recently, I've been forgetting things like dates, prior commitments, and the fact that...if my son got a ride TO soccer practice, he would obviously need to be picked up FROM soccer practice. 

(oopsie?)

I've had bouts of dizziness with varying intensity for a few days.  Today, I woke up feeling as if it would simply be too much trouble to get up and use the bathroom...too much energy to prepare my breakfast...and too much effort to change from pjs into actual clothing.  Fugh...tigue.  Ti...errrrd.  If I'm too unmotivated to eat, that's borderline emergent.  When you're sturdy like I am, it's understood that food is not typically neglected.  The amount of concentration I'm having to reign in just to complete this post is startling.  My throat feels swollen inside.  I dislike that.  I have other weird things going on, but I don't have the energy to describe them.  I just want to be hugged, but not by ms.  Not that I discriminate where hugs are concerned, but the hugs ms gives are quite awkward, right?  Right.

Despite the root cause of this sudden bout of unwellness, my spirit is riding high:-)  Tomorrow is my first day of work for the school year and I seriously cannot wait to get back to serving my students.  I'm coming off the most fantastic summer I've ever had, feeling the healthiest I've ever felt.  There are so many exciting things coming up over the next few months that I don't know where to start when giving specific thanks for my blessings.  Simply stated, I feel very much on top of the world!

On top of the world...and very, very tired...and other things that I'm too tired to describe.

No comments:

Followers