Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An Open Letter To My Friends

Ok, so I'm going to have to roll you all into a ball and write this collectively, seeing as how I'm referring to many people in many places with one post!

My dear friends: 

You are a true gift to me.  Your impromptu text messages are my "pick me ups"...the uncanny timing of which couldn't be more perfect.  The special thoughts and prayers you lift up on my behalf are appreciated more than you know.  I can't help but smile when I open my email to find that you have sent me a message or posted to my "wall" on facebook.  I am humbled when you bless me with a meal.  Those times you brought the coffee over to my house, and dropped it at work for me?  Were awesome:-)  Your care of my family while I tended to my grandmother's medical obligations was incredible.  Your gentle, kind, servant-minded spirit is your ministry.  I learn to be a better friend through your example.  When you refer to me as an inspiration, I'm confused.  Because it's you who inspires me.  When you say, "I don't know how you do it" - I think of the times you've told me you've prayed for me, and I can easily answer that question.

I hope that wasn't too difficult to follow!  When your mind works in a hectic, disjointed fashion like mine does, it all flows nicely.

Continuing...

One quality of yours I most appreciate is your patience with me.  I'm sorry I don't always appear engaged when you speak.  I really am.  It's just that my mind skips around like a kindergartner on the playground.  When my eyes dart away suddenly, that means I'm trying to hold my thoughts together and organize them into something productive.  I want more than anything to be able to go out for a run with you, or even a brisk walk.  Ironic that I'd desire to run, seeing as how running was the punishment I always received back in my sporty spice days.  Some of you recall those runs, because we got into trouble together:-)  I'm also sorry for the considerable amount of time I spend in the restroom when we go out.  I'm sorry for the times I may seem quiet or unavailable.  Truth is, I might be at the MS Amusement Park in that moment...riding the "emotional roller coaster", taking a turn on the "sleepytime express", hanging out with that weird guy who guesses your weight...but he's guessing my symptoms.  Because seriously?  If that guy would ever guess my weight and go 20lbs heavy, things just might get physical!  Finally, I'm sorry that I have to be reminded of things.  A lot.

Please always remember what you mean to me.  I lift you up in prayer and praise each day.  You are always on my mind.  That said, if you're ever feeling exhausted and aren't sure why?  It's because you were on my mind, which means you were moving at about 250mph...

Thank you for blessing me in so many ways!

No comments:

Followers