Thursday, December 29, 2011

What A Week... :-)

This week has been one of the best.  Ever.

Entire days with my kids...more time with my husband...Christmas with my cousins and my grandmother...meals out with girlfriends, some of whom I haven't seen in as many as 6 years...plenty of towels in the bathroom closet...homemade meals for my family...desserts baked for my friends:-)

As the week comes to a close, I find myself wishing I could somehow grab hold of time and slow it down just a bit.  I realized, after tripping over my daughter's sneakers, that she has grown.  She'll soon turn 14.  You've got to be kidding me.  As for my son, well...he's just funny.  I took him out this morning to choose a birthday card for a friend.  I had to back into a parking space, due to construction in the lot.  As I put the car in reverse, he said, "oh here we go".  

I'll have you know I only hit the curb once.

See, I am completely fine with driving.  It's parking lots that get me, and do you know why?  Because parking lots are not reality, people.  In any case, we walked through the lot, laughing together about my parking lot shenanigans.  He was nearly hysterical when he said, "remember when you drove right over that concrete parking stop?  Oh my goodness that was funny!"

Yeah yeah...whatever :-)

I can't help but be overwhelmed by the absolute joy and blessing of this week.  What a gift it's been.  What a gift every moment truly is.  While I don't want it to end, I know that I'd miss out on everything the Lord has in store for me...for us...if I did somehow find that 'Father Time' guy and put him into a submission hold.

Relax, kind sir.  You're safe.  While I have thoroughly enjoyed this week, I know that the Lord's best is ahead of me.  And I look forward to that :-)

No comments:

Followers