Tuesday, November 8, 2011

List of Things That Make Me Feel Dumb

I've compiled a list of 11 things that make me feel dumb, because 10 is not enough.  And I blame ms.

...in no particular order:
  1. forgetting my grocery list
  2. forgetting the grocery list my husband made for the groceries I didn't get when I forgot the original list
  3. hitting myself in the head with my hair dryer while drying my hair...more mornings than not
  4. spraying hairspray in my eye, face, and/or mouth...more mornings than not
  5. putting the cereal box in the fridge and the milk in the pantry
  6. finding it difficult to operate a purse with more than 2 compartments
  7. hitting things with the passenger's side of my car
  8. unintentionally flinging objects I may be holding in my right hand
  9. walking into a wall
  10. occasionally speaking in "alphabet soup" sentences
  11. chalking that 'bugs crawling on me' feeling up to ms, when it's actually a stink bug 
Like...here's my car's latest bruise, due to "October Freaksnow 2011" (and a slight miscalculation):


TGIP, baby!!!  (Thank God It's Plastic?)

Some may say, "Tina?  Do you really think it's fair to blame ms for all of these things?"  To which I say...absolutely.  I went to high school in the 80's, naysayers.  Imagine the traumatic head injury I'd have caused had I clunked myself in the forehead with the giant hair dryer of old?  All while bent in half to create the giant hair necessary with which to go to the mall?  Also?  I'd have blinded myself with one shot of Aquanet to the eye, or required skin grafting had I sprayed myself in the face.  Ladies of the 80's, I know you hear me;-)

What's a girl to do?  Eh :::shrugging:::, accept the fact that I'll need to go for groceries 2 and 3 times a week.  Steer clear of objects on my right, even when walking.  Always verify the presence of a bug prior to assuming otherwise.  Look in the pantry for milk.  And perhaps most importantly, close my eyes whilst applying hairspray.  Shame they don't tell you all this when they dx you, right?

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Your list is funny...we all do some of these things because of ms or just life? When my right hand did not work so well, my left hand took over naturally (I am thankful for my left hand now) it all works out

Followers