Friday, May 6, 2011

What's In A Car Magnet

Yesterday, I was a runner.  Oh I've already anticipated your questions and have answers prepared.

Flash Mob:  "We're shocked!  How far did you run, Tina!?!"

me:  Well...I don't like to brag or anything, but...a half marathon.

FM:  "That's hard to believe!  However did you DO such a thing!?!"

me:  Hard to believe?  I've even got the car magnet! See?  And those say it all...

















FM:  "But Tina!  That's not your car!"

me:  ugh.  You got me...


See, my son's running coach needed to borrow my car to cart additional runners to practice.  When I went out to grab my 3 O'clock Coffee, capitalized because it should be, I totally worked the magnet.  As I was in a state of euphoria, sipping pleasantly on my coolatta, I noticed a rather thin woman with exercise garb, staring in at me.  I realized I had the 13.1 magnet on the car, and that this could be the reason for her look of "what the?".  I gave her a head nod, a slight dip of my coolatta cup, and a smile as if to say, "yes.  That just happened."  Despite having pricklies and zingers in both shins, I felt like a runner.  Why?  Because the car magnet said so.  I felt as if I was fooling people;-)  Because really, when you have invisible symptoms, isn't that what life looks like?  Trying to fool people each day into thinking you're feeling fabulous?  Eh, maybe it's just me. 




And then my car was returned.


Ahhhh home sweet home.  There's something very comforting about my car.  The seat that's memory set to "short girl".  And a hatch that says, "I am a hockey mom.  I drive a Chrysler.  And yes...I have ms."  I was at home in my "short girl" seat and noticed that, hey, my legs aren't quite so uncomfortable in my own car! 

Must be the magnet. 

No comments:

Followers