Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wide "Ugh"wake..."Ugh"gain.

What sense does it make to have to drag myself through the daylight hours, where I find myself counting down the hours until I'm horizontally situated in the confines of my nest of blankets...only to NOT be able to sleep when the time is right?

I sit up late at night, wired for sound, and think of all the things I have to do tomorrow.  Tomorrow turns into today.  I begin to crave coffee.  I know I shouldn't drink that in the middle of the night so I deny myself.  I watch my cats recreate their favorite show, "Wipeout".  They leap and sprint about the living room.  The other night, I found myself taking on the role of announcer.  THAT is rock bottom.

I looked for help online and here are the gems I found:

  • Go to bed when you're tired.  (um, how is 10am-3pm?  Oh right...I'm supposed to be up and working like the rest of the civilized world!)
  • Prepare yourself for bed by wearing comfortable nightclothes, adjust your bed pillows in a comfortable position, turn off the lights, adjust the temperature in your bedroom, and position yourself comfortably in your bed. (I build myself a nest of soft blankets atop my fancy bed sheets each night.  It doesn't work, but thanks for your time.)
  • If you do not fall asleep after 10-15 minutes -- get up! Do not lie in bed and watch the clock. (how will I know that 10-15mins has gone by if I don't look at the clock?  C'mon.  Think!)
  • Remember your bed is only for sleeping. (..............)
  • Set your alarm to wake up at the same time every day, even on days when you're off work and on the weekends. (and they say I'M the one with holes in MY head?)

 Wait!  Was that a yawn?  No, nevermind.  False alarm.  "Ugh"gain.


Followers