Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We've Been Published! Thanks, MS Focus:-)

Friends, we've been published in the Winter 2011 issue of MS  Focus!  Yes, "we"!  You and me and us...our spouses, our caregivers, our families and friends...and I want to celebrate it with you!  Because we're all in this together. 

Prayerfully, someone will be blessed along the way.  Hopefully, someone who recently heard those two, lowercase letters come out of their doctor's mouth, or may have read it in a report bearing their demographics at the top, will see that life can still be lived to the fullest.  Or maybe someone who's come to the point of really having their fill of ms will be uplifted. 

Because that's what you do for me...

I sit here and unload my experiences with ms and you chat back.  I read the writings of others living with ms and learn new ways to combat the facets of the condition that I struggle with on a daily or frequent basis.  My dear friend/chiropractor once told me..."T, it's about 'quality of life'."  She's right, you know.  I hear her words play over and over again in my mind.  Living with ms, for me, is truly a continual process of seeking to improve my quality of life.  Not in a selfish, "it's all about me and I want to feel good all the time" manner...more in an, "I want to be every ounce of the wife and mother and granddaughter and daughter my family deserves for me to be, the friend my friends need me to be, the worker my employers ask me to be, and the servant that God intended me to be" manner.  And you help me along on that road to "be".  So thanks.  Seriously:-)

I do have to sit back and wonder, as I read the published article...the one which I closed with a thought about panty liners...is that seriously in a magazine with my name attached to it?  There's some solid proof that I don't write with any ounce of pride or self involved!  Embarrassing?  Highly!  But then again...that's a taste of life with ms!  All we can do is laugh at it.  Or you can laugh at me, 'cause I'm okay with that.  Either way...

Be well, friends:-)




And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
 
 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

No comments:

Followers