Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just Dance

My son was invited to a birthday party last night for Pretty/Stylish Friend's son.  Wouldn't you know...they were playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  You all may remember what I said about music and how I simply cannot turn down the opportunity to dance.

Pretty/Stylish Friend: "C'mon, Tina...you know you want to."
Me: "no no...I can't"
PSF: "C'mon"
Me: "nah"
PSF: "ya know ya wanna..."
Me, later: "oh alright."

As I stood, I found that I was unable to bend at the waist, my knees were locked at a 120 degree angle and my eyes were arguing with one another as to which one would focus on the tv screen.  For some reason, they aren't playing well with one another lately.  Lots of ego going on between them.

This was my song of choice...many thanks to youtube for having a video.  Who knew?





Despite stiffness, tremors, and fatigue...I had the high score.  My son ran to me with excitement as I turned the remote over to the next 25yr younger player.  He ran to me, gave me a double high five and said, "HIGH SCORE, MOMMY!  :::pointing at me with both hands::: THAT just happened!"  He's always been my "cheering section of one".  And I'm his.  A word of advice, don't sit next to me at his hockey games.   

I've decided to seek out the cheapest Just Dance game that very little money can buy so that I can make a complete fool of myself in the comfort of my own home.  Then again, if I dance and no one is home to see it...have I made a fool of myself?  It's like the "if a tree falls in the woods" saying.  Wait.  What if I fall and no one's home...eh, guess that means I wouldn't make a sound. 

I know I was looking to see what tasks in my life I might cut so as to preserve energy and all?  But I can justify this by calling it exercise!

...I should probably go all in and get myself a matching outfit and sunglasses as well.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Followers