Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Late Night Chats With MS

Fellow insomniacs, is it just me, or do the inner conversations go something like this:

Sleeping me:  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ms:  hey...
Restless me:  hmph
ms:  you awake?
Tossing me:  No, let me sleep
ms:  you gotta pee
Staggering me:  Ugh...ok, thanks for the heads up 

:::maneuver through dark house to bathroom, duty done, stagger back to bed:::

*rinse and repeat the above conversation a minimum of 3 more times before morning alarm goes off.*


Semi-conscious me:  zzzzz, eye blinks, zzzzz
ms:  I'm bored
Restless me:  ms, go to bed.  It's 3am
ms:  did you set up that epay on the electric bill?
Tossing me:  Yes.  Now really, we've GOT to sleep.  We have a long day tomorrow.
ms:  tomorrow is today, silly!  C'mon, get up and play with me.  The night is young!
Turning me:  ms.  Seriously.  Bed.  Now.

:::tick.............tock...................tick......................................tock:::

Tossing me, wondering to myself..."did I set that epay up?" 
ms:  OOOOH I heard that!  Let's go down to the computer and see!  C'mon c'mon c'mon! 
Awake me, after verifying via netbanking acct that the power will, in fact, be on at 8am:  see, told you I did it.  Alright, let's go back to bed.
ms:  I'm thirsty.  Got any coffee?
me:  We cannot drink coffee at what is now 4am.  We're going back to bed and that's that!  Long day ahead.  Remember?
ms:  ok ok...let's go back to bed.  Just like you asked.  This is me, workin' with you;-)

me:::feeling something crawling on my foot:::rubbing opposite foot over that spot:::nothing there.  Then feeling something crawling on my face:::rubbing hand on face:::nothing there.

"MS!"

ms:  what!  I couldn't help myself...I just loooooove youuuuuuuuu...
me:  Mm hmm.  Okay, so what do you want to do at what is now 5am?
ms:  can we go downstairs and have coffee now?
me:  Yep.  And hey, betcha we can catch the sunrise!
ms:  that's the spirit!  C'mon then, let's go! 

So I took ms out to the front porch for coffee.  Initially, I wanted to cry.  I really do have a long day ahead.  I started off worrying about what today might look like on just a few hours of sleep.  The answer?  Probably a lot like every other day I've gotten through with just a few hours of sleep.

But I found the positive...this morning's sky was quite beautiful.  Hopefully, you all slept through it:-)




5 comments:

Valerie said...

You are so awesome and I LOVE you!!! Hope you have a great day...it's going to be beautiful. Not sure if we'll be doing the pool since Joshua is not supposed to get his injury wet but if there is some way we can figure out to work around this, we will be there if you can join us.

Judy said...

Ah, yes, that dialogue sounds awfully familiar.
Judy

Nicole said...

Thats a good thought. You do it with the MS. We are a team, a pair, husband and wife. Ya think?

Heidi said...

that was priceless! I

Anonymous said...

Yes, MS visits me at night often, usually with spacticity, it's sidekick! Because I am noticing more cognitive symptoms, I often wonder if there was anything important I might have forgotten during the day! Ugh!

Followers