- Patient: "Can you tell me if my secondary insurance paid their part of that claim?"
- Me, furiously clicking the mouse in attempts to find the information, relying on prior knowledge of what coinsurance looks like: "As I see it, yes"
- Boss: "Do you really think you can get that many charts entered by the end of today?"
- Me, performing lighting-quick mental analysis: "Signs point to yes"
- Coworker: "Hey lady, you ever gonna take a lunch break today or what?"
- Me, trying to compensate for the previous flaw in aforementioned, lightning-quick mental analysis by working through lunch: "Very doubtful".
- Me to coworker: "Can you show me where you find whether or not a secondary insurance paid their portion of a claim?"
- Coworker: "Sure!"...then clicking at approx 157 wpm..."and there it is"
- Me: "Reply hazy, try again" followed by a mental note to "Ask again later"
The great thing about Magic 8 Ball is that it's mostly optimistic. With 10 affirmative answers, 5 tweeners, and 5 negatives, the likelihood of giving someone a good answer? "Outlook good"!