Saturday, November 28, 2009

Working For The Lord

I started a part-time job this week for a friend who owns a fast food type of restaurant. I see the job as a true blessing for many reasons. First and foremost, I got to reconnect with her after about 20 years. I received the prayers, visits, and even gifts of many, many friends! And it provides our family with additional income needed to try to make a go of life. But it's been about 17 years since I've worked in a job where I'm on my feet the whole time. God love my boss/friend, she asked me more than a few times if I needed more breaks, am I alright, and is there anything she can be doing for me. This is where those "invisible symptoms" are pesky again. To look at me, I'm fine! Yep, that's a huge blessing...but not the reality. I worked 5 hours the first night and my legs were quite disappointed in me. They answered with cramping, pain, and stiffness, as well as a pinch of foot pricklies. The following night, MS saw the leg cramping, pain, and stiffness, as well as foot pricklies...and raised me an eye fly and cognitive fart. "What kind of sandwich did you say, Sir? My apologies. Again, Sir, what kind of sandwich was that again? I'm so sorry..."

They have a special name tag at my friend's restaurant that says, "Be Nice, I'm In Training:-)". I wished they had one that said, "AND...I have MS and am learning the hard way that I'm not 18 anymore".

I capitalized MS in this blog, because right now, it is bigger than I. But not for long! I will continue on working as hard as I can. I'm working as if unto the Lord!

No comments:

Followers