Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm Vibrating! That Must Mean...

...it's time for spring! Ah yes, springtime. Flowers blooming...and paraesthesia! Birds chirping...and electric shock sensations in your face! Gentle rain showers...and peeing yourself! Easter egg hunts...and trying to remember where your keys are!

So yeah, I'm vibrating across the entire lower half of my body. I don't mind it like I used to, back when it was so bad that it kept me awake at night. I'd lay next to my husband as he slept, vibrating like a massager was under the mattress. I'd startle him by smacking his arm all, "oh come on, tell me you don't FEEL that!" Him all, "um...no...and can you stop hitting me?" Sorry, honey...but were you not the man standing across from me who answered to the affirmative when asked, "in sickness and in health"? You did, pal. All you.

I'm also enjoying the "MS Hug". From a website: Sometimes described as feeling like being squeezed by a boa constrictor, compressed with an ever-tightening rubber band, or wearing a chest high girdle, the MS Hug actually does not interfere with the ability to breathe. I have that all across my head. Olivia Newton John called...she wants her 80's style terry cloth workout headband back. Come on, I can't be the only person who recalls the video to "Let's Get Physical" when those headbands are mentioned. Her or John McEnroe.

I had a small accident today at work. Never had that happen before, and was instantly infuriated by ms. Really? I just went to the bathroom 25 minutes ago, and you want to go and do this to me? Really??? I now understand that I really can't put it off when I feel the urge to go to the bathroom. And anyone needing my attention in those moments will just have to wait. Either that, or they'll have to understand that I may be urinating as they speak to me. And really, is whatever they're saying THAT urgent? Well I'll tell ya, my bladder begs to differ. Yes, I really just wrote all that. No, I can't believe I did. My pride went out the window a long time ago, folks.

Fatigue. That's what the doctor feels precedes these sorts of symptoms. I feel as if I could sleep for 2 days straight, but I don't know that I'd be any less fatigued if I did. So what do I do? I drag my tail out of bed, schlep through the house, suck down a minimum of 4 cups of extra strength coffee per day, and do what the rest of us do...live life! So what if I vibrate a little, or have my head squeezed a little, or even pee a little? This is the day the Lord hath made...and I will be glad in it. And dry.

No comments:

Followers