Friday, April 3, 2015

The Day My Kids & I Ran Away...


When your computer shuts down on you for the fourth time...
And you're essentially the only person in the building, since it's a holiday break...
And your eyes are working together...
And your legs are at about a 7 on your made up steadiness scale...

You decide to lock up shop and go home.  Home is where your kids are.  Ya know, on holiday break and such ;)

My instructions were:  Get up.  Get food.  We're outta here!  Where?  Wherever! Wherever a little over 1/4 tank of gas and $10 in cash will get us - one way.  We'll then put enough gas in the car to get home.  That's where.


Petting zoo - after 17yrs, it never gets old...

Random lake!

Kids taking panoramics with their phones...

Insert laughter...

Taking in the beauty and the sounds of like...nothing :)

When in a strange land, the native Walmart is all the more strange.

We picked Sia up with our $10!!!


Went to Cabela's, 'cause Cabela's is cool!
They were anxious for my descent.  No worries!  I got this!


Fudge shop!

This is the "take sunglasses off the display and get a picture" picture!

My daughter touching the top of the mountain...



We laughed.  We got a little lost.  We laughed again.  We drove on roads we'd never seen before.  We got a little more lost.  We laughed to excess!  And yes, we had to stop so that I could use a bathroom.  Often.

That!

That's what it's all about.  The hugs I got from my kids that night, once we decided to finally come home, reinforced my theory :)

Taking advantage of the good days...making memories...laughing until we could barely breathe...eating little bags of snacks for dinner...stopping to use random bathrooms...singing...yelling "MOOOOO!" to cows minding their own business in various farm fields...singing again...laughing again...and using more bathrooms.


That sun though ;)

Praising God for that good day...

No comments:

Followers