Sunday, March 30, 2014

Update: What Was Actually The Matter w/My Son


First - I want to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and for my son.  I'm beyond humbled by the overwhelming response to what was essentially a "dear diary" post.  You guys are amazing.  Seriously amazing.  And I mean that :)

Next - I want to tell you the good news!

A cardiologist at our local childrens hospital confirmed that the chest pain he was having after his hockey games?  Totally not cardiac.  No restriction of activity necessary.  No follow up appointments.  No more deductible charges or copays.  In his beautiful accent and somewhat gruff bedside manner, he reported that it is "not da heart".

I immediately knew what that meant.

Reflux.  He has reflux.

And, while GI stuff is still "stuff"...it's nothing he can't get under control with a little dietary modification and a little medication and a little maybe-stop-eating-jalapenos-why-don'tcha.

So today, as we wrapped up the weekend by swinging through our local walmart in search of dress shirts that actually fit for an upcoming trip, I couldn't help but giggle at him the whole time.  He was so carefree.  Smiling.  Laughing at the more trendy clothing on the racks, because he's a very old skool kind of guy...as evidenced by his nifty pair of wingtips.  Humming and singing a song that was stuck in his head.

This song:




No wonder he was so carefree :)

There’s no space that His love can’t reach
There’s no place that we can’t find peace
There’s no end to Amazing Grace

No comments:

Followers