Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summertime Remission? That's Just Weird.

In case I've never specified, I'm of the "Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis" (RRMS) flavor.  The definition of which, for inquiring minds, is:  "...clearly defined attacks of worsening neurologic function. These attacks—which are called relapses, flare-ups, or exacerbations —are followed by partial or complete recovery periods (remissions), during which no disease progression occurs." 

It's summertime, which equates to high temperatures and ridiculously bad hair day humidity.  Speaking of humidity, that's what's always seemed to be most troublesome for me.  I've been a literal hot mess for as many summers as I've had ms.  How many would that be?  12 of 'em.

I'm taking a moment in each of my morning prayers to give thanks and praise to God for my current state of neurological peace.  Sure, I've still got the ring finger twitch in my right hand and a sprinkling of black floaters in my left eye, but they've been with me from the beginning.  They're sorta nostalgic:-) 

What's different?  That's what my husband asked...prompted by my nightly cooking and return of pre-dx energy level. 

Well, I've only been working 10-15hrs/wk for the past 3wks.  I switched from refined sugar in my coffee to Sugar In The Raw.  I'm walking about 1.5-2 miles/day.  And I'm spending more time with my kids:-) 

It's an incredible feeling to feel well...and quite foreign!  I have no idea how long it will last, but I'm wasting no time wondering.  It doesn't change how I go about living each day of my life.  I've come to realize that each day is a gift, a day to glorify, and should be counted as blessing.  I can't let that fluctuate with how I may feel on any given day.  The other thing I can't allow to fluctuate?  House cleaning.  Sure, the place is "picked up" and all, but come on...I don't want to terrify my husband.  If the nightly meals sparked his curiosity, a clean house will throw him right over the edge!  I don't want that on my hands...

Be well, friends!

No comments:

Followers